Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Calling Voice Mail Tips

In my business, I receive many telephone calls, and often it's a "famine or feast" situation, when I get no phone calls for hours, and sometimes I get up to 10 calls at once. I am a judgment referral expert that writes a lot of articles. Although I am very responsive, there is just one of me, hence some calls to me go right to voicemail. I always return calls within three hours, and almost always within the hour.

Often, when a verbose person phones me and repeats the same thing over and over, or discusses trivia, or the full details about what is happening with their life; other folks are calling me (with the new calls being sent to voice mail) automatically.

I am surprise by how many people do not use their phones effectively, especially when leaving a voice mail message. These are some tips on using phones to make business-related phone calls, and leaving voice mail messages:

When you make a call to someone you do not know, there is no reason to blather on and talk much more than what is really needed. Different than in person meetings, one never knows the other person's situation when you're calling them on the phone.

When talking to someone with the phone about some business-related issue, try to focus on the main points, and keep your goals in mind. Try not to go on wild tangents. Remember what you say, to avoid repeating yourself over and over, unless the other party needs clarification to fully understand your point. Most often, when you catch yourself monologging, you may not be listening enough.

When you leave phone voicemail messages, it is different. Try to keep your message less than 60 seconds. Concisely state any questions or requests first, and then leave your phone number. Assume that your telephone number is not instantly recognizable and memorable. Give your complete phone number, listing your area code first. Say it slow, and repeat it. When you have blocked caller ID, so your phone number isn't disclosed to those you call, it is even more important to clearly say your phone number.

If you telephone somebody, and you get a recording and may leave a message, why not leave them a voicemail? Whether they answer their telephone or not, and whether you left the person a voicemail message or not; wait at least an hour before you call them again. I've experienced people calling me as many as 10 times in 10 minutes. After I conclude the current call, and have an opportunity to call them back, they occasionally tell me to "hold on, I will be back soon". After a long silent period, I hang up. After that, I receive another phone call, and while I am on the new call, sometimes the first caller will again dial me as many as 10 more times.

When you call somebody, before you begin to tell them a bunch of specific information such as addresses and telephone numbers, first ask the person if they can write something down. If they're not hiding their email address, you might want to e-mail them instead (or also). After you get verification they're ready, speak slowly as you say important info which you want them to take note of.

If you have an email address, it is better to send telephone numbers, addresses, and other specific information by e-mail; "I'll email you that" works well. It's a good idea to follow up telephone calls with an email, to repeat and/or confirm important points or detailed info.


----------------------------------------------------
Get your judgment recovered at the best real price: http://www.JudgmentBuy.com - Judgment Recovery. The free, easiest, fastest and best way to start recovering enforceable judgments. (Mark D. Shapiro 408-840-4610) JudgmentBuy offers the Truth.


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=296402

No comments:

Post a Comment